Our Objectives / The aim of the research priority setting partnership is to identify your unanswered questions about
anesthesia and perioperative care, and then find the answers to those questions with tailored, patient-centered research.
The specific objectives of this project are:
• to work with patients, clinicians, and researchers to identify uncertainties about the effects of
anesthesia and care around the time of surgery;
• to agree on a prioritized list of those uncertainties for research;
• to publicize the results of the priority setting partnership and its process;
• to compare the results with those found through the priority setting partnership done by the
National Institute of Academic Anaesthesia in the UK; and
• to monitor and evaluate the uptake of the prioritized list of uncertainties.